Communities Preventing Chronic Disease program (CPCD) supports implementation of population-wide and priority approaches to prevent obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and stroke and to reduce health disparities among adults in Montgomery County.
CPCD is funded by the Ohio Department of Health from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Increasing access to healthy foods through corner stores, healthy checkout lanes, food and beverage guidelines, and client-choice food pantries.
- Provide more opportunities for physical activity by establishing walking groups, free fitness classes, and shared-use agreements.
- Encourage active living changes to the transportation environment through Complete Streets policies and biking/pedestrian programs.
- Increase availability of referrals to and enrollments in CDC-recognized, lifestyle change programs to prevent diabetes.
- Improve access to high-quality, team-based care utilizing electronic health data and quality improvement strategies to manage chronic conditions.