PHDMC partners with worksites, schools, and community organizations to offer free tobacco cessation for residents of Montgomery County; and participants receive a one month supply of patches.
Cessation is provided by a Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist using the Mayo Clinic Cessation Model:
- Week 1: Thinking about quitting.
- Week 2: Getting ready.
- Week 3: It’s quit week.
- Week 4: Staying quit for good.
- Week 5: All other concerns.
PHDMC has a very successful cessation partnership with Miami Valley Hospital, CareSource, and many other worksites. In the past year, cessation services offered throughout Montgomery County have served over 350 community members with over 60% successfully quitting. If your worksite or community organization is interested in cessation, please contact us at (937) 225-4398.
Tobacco-Free Coalition (TFC)
TFC is a network of organizations, businesses and individuals who are building support for tobacco prevention and control in the Miami Valley. Co-leads on this coalition are PHDMC and the Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association (GDAHA). The coalition meets quarterly. Please contact us to join the coalition.
Vision: We envision a region free of tobacco use
Mission: Our mission is to promote healthy lives free of tobacco in all its forms by:
- Reducing tobacco use
- Keeping people from starting tobacco use
- Educating the public about tobacco-related health issues
- Supporting those who want to quit
- Advocating for positive reform
- pdf Smoking Safety and Smoking Related Fires Presentation (2.61 MB)
- pdf Smoke Free Presentation (1.78 MB)
- pdf Homeport Smoke Free Presentation (302 KB)
- pdf HUD Smoke Free Workshop - Intro Slides (1.16 MB)
- pdf Legal Issues of Going Smoke Free - Presentation (2.13 MB)
- pdf Cost Benefit of Smoke Free Housing - Presentation (927 KB)
- pdf Health Benefits of Going Smoke Free Housing - Presentation (1.17 MB)