The Emergency Preparedness Department is tasked with preparing Public Health, its partners and the community to respond to adverse events that affects the public’s health in our community.
Activities are planned in cooperation with the public, healthcare and safety organizations in Montgomery and surrounding counties ensuring the West Central Region of Ohio is ready for emergency events.
- Cooperative efforts with community, business, healthcare, security and safety organizations have been enhanced to deal with any emergency event.
- Cooperative agreements have been developed with adjoining counties and healthcare organizations to strengthen the regional ability to provide mutual aid.
- We perform simulated “Adverse Event” training exercises annually with our regional partners.
Emergency Response Plans for PHDMC are located in the "Files” section below. We welcome public feedback on the Plans. Please send comments by contacting us.
Important Phone Numbers
- To report suspicious packages or substances, call your local law enforcement agency at: 9-1-1
- Individuals looking for help or services because of natural disasters can call 2-1-1 or visit the HelpLink211 website for a list of available services and contact information.
How can you prepare, plan and stay informed?
Learn more about being prepared in case of a disaster at Be Red Cross Ready. Visit the Ready Campaign's website to learn more about preparing for emergencies including natural and man-made disasters. There's a section for Families, one for Kids and one for Business.