Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) is committed to preventing and reducing chronic disease statewide.
Through cross-sector collaboration, we are activating communities to improve access to and affordability of healthy food, increase opportunities for physical activity, and assure tobacco-free living where Ohioans live, work and play. By implementing sustainable evidence-based strategies CHC is creating a culture of health.
CHC is funded by a federal Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant administered by Ohio Department of Health. The CHC program goal is to reduce preventable risk factors for chronic conditions such as hypertension, high cholesterol, and diabetes, in the priority areas of East, Old North, and West Dayton.
- Conduct bike-ability audits in East, Old North, and West Dayton
- Sponsor a community garden in East Dayton.
- Sponsor Produce Perks at Shiloh Farmers Market and The Market at Wright Stop Plaza.
- Implement Multi-Unit Housing Smoke-Free Policies in East, Old North, and West Dayton.
- Increase participation in the CHC Coalition.