What do Communicable Disease Reporting Nurses do?
- Gather reports of diseases in Montgomery County
- Conduct interviews to determine source and possible spread of infection
- Provide education to the public and healthcare practitioners about prevention of diseases
- Provide recommendations for treatment and isolation
If you are a member of the public and are concerned you have a communicable disease contact your doctor or a local hospital.
All reportable diseases should be reported by healthcare professionals to the Communicable Disease Reporting Nurse by telephone, mail or fax during normal business hours.
To report a communicable disease:
- Find out if the disease is reportable at A Quick Guide to Reportable Infectious Diseases in Ohio
- Complete an Ohio Confidential Reportable Disease Form at Confidential Reportable Disease Form
- Fax this form to the Communicable Disease Reporting Nurses at 937-224-8853
To report a disease outside our regular business hours of 8:00a-4:30p M-F, or on federal holidays, please call 937-225-5700.
- Ohio Department of Health Zoonotic Disease Program
- Center for Disease Control Home Page
- Find My Local Health Department
- Columbus City and Franklin County’s Fact Sheets on Diseases
- Ohio Department of Health Communicable Disease Chart
- 10 year, Monthly and Annual Communicable Disease Reports
- Weekly and Annual Flu Reports