Birth and death records dating back to 1909 for people born in Montgomery County, Ohio are available at our office. Certified birth certificates (abstracts) for persons born in the state of Ohio (dating back to 1908) can also be issued.
Looking for vital records from a foreign country? Please call (937) 496-3117. To order copies of birth/death certificates from 1867 through 1908 please contact Montgomery County Archives at (937) 225- 6366.
Effective October 15, 2015: For the first five years after a decedent’s death, proof documents are required in order to display the social security number on the death record. This change corresponds with a change in Section 3705.23 (5) of the Ohio Revised Code.
To obtain a copy of a birth/death certificate in Montgomery County, you may telephone, write, or visit our office in person. To ensure that you receive an accurate record for your request and that your request is filled with all due speed, please follow these steps:
- Type or print all names and addresses in your letter.
- Provide complete information on an individual and event for which you need documents.
- Include all names that may have been used, including nicknames, alternate spellings, etc.
- List dates and type of event as completely and accurately as possible.
- Always provide a self addressed stamped envelope.
- Include the following information with each request:
- date of request
- full name of person (last name in caps)
- sex of that person
- date of birth/death
- place of birth/death (city or town, county, state, and name of the hospital/location, if known)
- mother’s maiden name
- father’s name
- relationship to party
- the purpose for which the record is needed
- requestor’s name & address
- requestor’s signature