The Private Water System and Household Sewage Treatment System Program ensures that septic systems and private wells are designed and installed under permit and in accordance with state and local regulations. Public Health also investigates sewage nuisance complaints and consults with homeowners on replacing their septic system.
Household Sewage Treatment System Upgrade Program
Sewage System Registered Contractor Listings
When should I have my water tested?
Have your water tested whenever you notice a change in odor, taste or appearance, and also annually for routine quality monitoring.
- Ohio Department of Health - Shares information on statewide use and performance of household sewage systems; evaluation of new sewage treatment devices.
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency - Collaboration to administer the NPDES General Permit for household sewage systems that discharge to waters of the State.
- Montgomery County Planning Commission - Review of lot splits where household sewage systems will be needed.
- Montgomery County Water Services Department - Shares information on availability and extension of sanitary sewers.
- Montgomery Soil Conservation District - Consultation on drainage issues which affect sewage system function.